Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sewing projects

In the past couple of days, I have been keeping busy by making some dresses, skirts, shirts, and a jacket because I have been a little too picky at the stores. I either like the styles and hate the colors, or like the colors and hate the styles. I can drive myself a little crazy.

I grew up around sewing and really enjoy it. Every Christmas and Easter, my mom would make dresses for the special church occasions. Usually it involved lots of sparkly fabrics and layers (especially Christmas). I probably resembled a small cupcake, and the more I think about it- maybe that is why I put my foot down and went with a short vintage inspired wedding dress. Here's a pic...I didn't make this dress.




I went to the fabric store during Small Business Saturday. I picked out some amazing patterns ( DKNY, Michael Kors, and others!) and some wonderful fabrics. At the moment, I'm working on a dress, but I have lots of others that I hope to accomplish this winter. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment