Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy birthday to me...blizzard= two parties!

Today is the big day, I'm 27. I was thinking about my past birthday parties when I was growing up in Northwest Iowa. Maybe I'm exaggerating because I was small and you see things a bit differently, but I grew up having two party dates- one if we had a blizzard, one if we did not. Unfortunately one cake.

Maybe global warming, who knows. I haven't really had to worry about the two parties gig for a long time.It used to be blizzards on Halloween (so no Trick or Treating) to sometimes no snow on Christmas!

Being long distance from my (now) husband, I've had many birthdays when it is just me and some close friends. Because of this, we would usually postpone until Thanksgiving. Three years ago in Arizona over Thanksgiving, Lindsay (Adam's sister) made me a birthday cake but then Adam proposed, and the cake went from a 'Happy Birthday' Cake to a 'Love' Cake. It was delish!

Today I will be meeting with customers, and then getting ready to head out to Virginia to host the first ever Krupicka Thanksgiving. We have to put all the Williams-Sonoma wedding presents to good use.  I will probably pick up a cupcake and Starbucks to celebrate the occasion, keeping it pretty mild this year!

Here is a photo of me, when I was in North Carolina visiting.
I grabbed a Lime Ricky Coral Bell, one of my favorite plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment