Saturday, November 20, 2010

Birthday Meal

So, I made to the Washington D.C. area safe and sound. Rocco (cat) and all.

My birthday was on Tuesday, but during that time I didn't really do anything too special. I was on the road visiting customers and Adam and I decided to have a cooking night once I arrived. That means that I pick out the menu and we go to one of our favorite places: Wegman's (http://www.wegmans.com). This grocery store is amazing- each one has its own pastry department that reminds me of my French adventures. I love to gawk and check out the tarts, cheesecakes, chocolate cakes, and tons of other sugary, heavenly treats. I have a sweet tooth, and also an amazing dentist in Fairfax, Virginia!

Here's the chocolate mousse... despite kind of a traumatic ride home. Regardless, it was absolutely delish!



We LOVE to cook... and I could grocery shop all day, anywhere! Sometimes Adam and I disagree about who is cooking but somehow, we don't starve. In fact, we usually make extras or try out new recipes, so we can be pretty popular at times! Adam even proposed over a secret family recipe- Prairie Fire... I will write about that next week.

Here's a pic of us...



Tonight, there's talk of salmon with homemade pasta, perhaps a dill/ olive oil sauce. Most likely, roasted asparagus with prosciutto and a special treat from Wegman's. We might even make a cake. Either way, I will bring my appetite!

Stay turned...

No comments:

Post a Comment