Friday, December 3, 2010

First Christmas tree

Just recently we had another first: the first Christmas tree.

The other day, Adam and I picked out a gorgeous 5-6' Frasier Fir. We did the fresh cut and let it 'fluff' in the garage overnight. Somehow, I was banned from putting the white LED lights on it (maybe because of my height, not sure). I am 5'3'', but we do have plenty of chairs- still, no luck of doing the lights.

Growing up, we always had a live Christmas tree but it was usually some sort of a pine. After several weeks, after it was nice and crispy- those needles were like daggers. I can't even count how many times I would be near the tree and then out of nowhere I would be screeching in pain and maybe even saying some choice words. And, that is why my preference is towards a Frasier Fir because they retain their needles well. (With any live tree it is a good idea to provide fresh water constantly, to keep it hydrated.)

I was running some errands the other day, and came across these ornaments. I especially like the blown glass, colorful ornaments and the more random, the better. These are tiny, handmade blown glass owls. I especially am into owls - we have an owl cookie jar (from Anthropologie, amazing!) and I have a few antique owl jewelry pieces.

I couldn't pass these up:


More pics to come of the finished tree... Enjoy the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment