Monday, December 6, 2010

A live Christmas tree? or the box?

I mentioned already, that Adam and I have a fresh cut Frasier Fir for Christmas. The ornaments are definitely random, but we prefer it that way. For one of my bridal showers this fall, the hostess had my friends and family bring a Christmas ornament, in addition to a present. I also like to buy an ornament each year, that sums up the year.While unpacking them all and decorating, it brought back memories.

For instance, Adam's sisters made reindeer with clothespins. Arts and crafts- remember those?
We also have everything ranging from a glass piece of cake, toadstools, Christmas pickle (German tradition, I'm German), owls, Mexican tin ornaments, pigs, barns, pinecones, and others.

This is an ornament for 2010, when I moved back to Iowa from the Washington D.C. area for work.


Decorating the tree made me think about my Grandma W's tree. She had this artificial tree that had to be put together by matching up colored dots. It was a nightmare and looked a little strange. However, in hindsight it really didn't matter because there were so many presents under this poor little tree. Each year, my grandma says its the last for the tree... I don't buy it. The tree will make an appearance again.

Enjoy the Holidays! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment