Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fairy Gardens... a trend?

One of my favorite weekend projects is to visit some local garden centers and nurseries. Since my career lets me do that throughout the week, I really can't complain. Although, I have heard from others in my industry "the mailman doesn't go on walks on his day off"- that is not the case with me. I love to see new plants, learn about gardening tips and tricks, and see beautiful displays- day off or not.  

Within the last several years I have been noticing that fairy gardening seems to be trend. These are miniature gardens, usually complete with toadstools, little statues, and sometimes houses. I can't say I am a fan of fairies or whimsy but it has its place. There is a pretty serious (maybe not the right word) following.

Here are some pics from a garden center in Virginia...



What do you think? Fan or not???

No comments:

Post a Comment