Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to February...Valentine's Month!

February is now here and that means glorious valentine's candies and of course- Valentines Day on the 14th! The week after Christmas, stores were already setting out hundreds of pink and red wrapped treasures. I have a terrible weakness for sweet treats, and also a wonderful dentist back East.

I remember growing up, looking forward to the valentine exchanges in elementary school. We would have to bring a shoe box for art class, and it was there that the glitter, construction paper, markers and other necessary tools were used to create stunning little valentines boxes. Then we would exchange little valentines cards and find all sorts of nice treats. I am sure that with my valentines I exchanged, I probably made hearts when I tried to dot my I's.... I really was really into it. However at that time, I was probably the most shy and quiet little girl in my whole grade.That changed a little while later.

Lately, my little candy fix has been turtles! I love the chocolate, caramel, and cashews... or pecans. Doesn't really matter, but what does- is that I was out of them during our major blizzard.


On a positive note, today was Groundhog Day and the good ole' woodchuck predicted an early spring.
We will definitely see about that.

Its also my good friend, Kellie's birthday- happy birthday Kellie Moore!
From your Iowa sister...

1 comment:

  1. I stand corrected- it is a groundhog not a woodchuck who sees his shadow. I am told they are different animals. Plus, I'm not too great at remembering what happens if he does/ doesn't see his shadow- I have a slight tendency to be confused and confuse others. I must have missed those days in school, sorry!

    ReplyDelete