Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The best NEW little plants for SPRING!

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season...

After the Holidays are over, I notice that I have a tendency to be a little ancy.
Or a lot of ancy.

I would like Spring, very soon (like now or as soon as possible!) and I'm thinking my customers are almost to that point. I am a sales representative for a very large plant grower, with a focus on perennials, trees, and shrubs. My territory is Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri. There are quite a few long road trips with many miles in between, but I wouldn't trade my customers for the world.

Back to the plants- there are just too many new and exciting plants that I need to see!
Here are some great finds that you may need to keep an eye out for...

1. Bloomerang ®Lilac, Proven Winners  (Syringa X 'Penda' USPP20,575)


This is a new introduction from our friends at Proven Winners. Its is a re-blooming lilac, producing fragrant purple flowers in Spring, Summer, and up until first frost! It grows approximately 4 feet tall and would make for a wonderful hedge.Or, it could stay smaller if its in a container. Regardless of where it makes its home, its a wonderful addition to a zone 4 Midwestern garden!

2. Bombshell Hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'Bombshell')

This little hydrangea packs quite a punch! When we saw these growing in Tennessee, we honestly saw more blooms than leaves! The snowy white blooms are refreshing and hold up well in our summer heat. Bombshell only grows to approximately 3 feet tall and has better branching, compared to other hydrangea paniculata's. This plant does best in sun or shade, and comes to us from Ball Ornamentals in Chicago. It is a zone 3, perfect for the tundra! 

More great plants to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment