Friday, January 18, 2013

Spring Fever- Gardening Edition

The last couple of weeks have been an absolute whirlwind.

I'm not at all complaining- in fact, I'm at my best when I'm busy.

Spring Fever is really starting to get to me. Spring is right around the corner and today it's supposed to be in the 50's. The harsh reality, is that tomorrow it will be like 10 degrees- winter in the Midwest can be very challenging and frustrating if you're a gardener.

Maybe my case of Spring Fever is especially difficult this year, because my customers are lining up Spring orders for their garden centers.We're also getting prepared to start hundreds of seeds for the Heritage Hill Farm's Community Supported Agriculture program. Either way, I'm surrounded by Spring and ready to get outside and get busy.

So, the next few weeks are going to be full of gardening adventures- to tide us all over.

Starting this weekend, I'm going to feature some of the best new plants for the season that are really getting us gardeners and our industry looking ahead to Spring.

I'll also show you how to make your own pots for seed starting- out of newspapers and egg cartons- that can be directly transplanted outside after our frost free date. After Valentine's Day, I will keep you updated on the seed starting progress- especially with all of our interesting heirloom vegetables. 


 Lots of great things are to come!


Here is a link to our farm:
http://www.heritage-hill-farms.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment