Friday, February 18, 2011

It almost feels like SPRING!

Lately, we have been a bit spoiled by nice weather. I was guilty of wearing shorts the other day...

Spring will be here before you know it, meaning tulips, daffodils, robins, and busy shipping season.


 Above are some of my favorite plants: tulips and boxwoods. I love the French and English garden inspirations. Someday, I'm sure I will have hundreds of tulips planted. It is a lot of work but sure makes a showstopping Spring display.They also make wonderful cut flowers that will brighten any room.

Here's the other part of Spring... which I why I probably cling to tulips and other Spring bulbs, to relieve little stresses of the busy gardening season. This pic was from the California nursery loading docks- my orders before they went out to the Midwest. Every day my co-workers and I would walk the docks. Everyone was in the best of spirits because we all had a common goal: ship great plants to great customers, usually with minimal sleep. Sometimes we would help tag plants and stay out until 2 in the morning! We even improved our espanol and rewarded with flan from time to time!




 Here's to a wonderful Spring... happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment