Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day...



Happy Valentine's Day!
Ask anyone and they will tell you, I'm a fan of Valentine's Day. I looked forward to the valentine exchange in elementary school and found it even more special- when my grandma mentioned she had a valentine exchanged between my great grandparents, when they were in kindergarten or first grade! So very special.

Things have changed quite a bit since then. Adam (my husband) and I met at Iowa State University, during a biology class. The previous semester he was lab partners with my good friend. After dating for some time and after graduation, we went our separate ways (meaning me to California and him to Arizona for our careers). We were engaged over Thanksgiving and the following September 18th we were married in Hinsdale, outside of Chicago.

Here are some of my favorites- Adam and I with his grandparents, Ray ("Slick") and Nancy.

Above is my good friend Libby and Adam's uncle, Steve. It was a gorgeous Fall day, despite a thunderstorm in the morning. Then we were off to Park City, Utah.

We still are a little nontraditional because this year's valentine's day is separate. I am in the Midwest, while Adam is in Virginia/ Washington D.C. area working. Soon enough, he will be relocating to Iowa and working from home. In the meantime we make do with patience (I try really, really hard on this!), flowers, candy...

No comments:

Post a Comment