Saturday, April 30, 2011

Start your Spring planting engines....

Time to start your Spring planting engines.... its almost May. Still a little dangerous for those warm season veggies (tomatoes and peppers) but the full green light to the lettuces, broccoli, kohlrabi, and others that can tolerate some cooler nights.

I have some balcony containers planted, and we saw the sun for the first time in a long time! It was a great day for the garden centers... people have been couped up for some time now. Its been a slow start.

Tomorrow I will officially have a 'real' garden for the season (in addition to the balcony projects) and it will focus on heirloom vegetables and flowers, grown outside of Ames. My cookbooks have been out today, gearing up for new recipes with fresh produce. I am working slightly backwards...that's how excited I am.

More details and pics to come...

Happy Planting!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment