Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful couple of Holidays. 

We had a wonderful Holiday season, with most of the Holiday being in snowy Chicago. The usual, staying downtown and then the suburbs, eating delicious food, and relaxing. Adam's sister, Erica, got engaged and they are planning a wedding in ITALY. I'm so excited to get back to Europe- possibly spend a few extra days traveling.. France!

Here are a few pics:

The Farm in the City, Adam's Aunt's



Our friend, Duncan the Clydesdale who lives at the Farm in the City


With a New Year, it is also a time for new beginnings.

The avoiding of food allergies is tough because soy (my main allergen) happens to be in nearly everything. I might be exaggerating a bit, but it is going to be a very rough, long year. I hope Adam enjoys some extra time at the farm because my other milder allergies are to most of the early season crops (carrots, peas, cucumbers, broccoli etc). I will be fine, I'm just using that excuse to get out of some things!

Other than that, we are busy planning for this upcoming year at Heritage Hill Farm (working out our CSA details for the upcoming year, ordering seeds and supplies) and in general just getting ancy to start growing and selling! 

We're also focused and working hard, so we can get going on the house building! Time will fly...


No comments:

Post a Comment