Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day... with a Lilly Pulitzer project



When you think of Valentine's, usually there are thoughts of pinks and reds, flowers, and chocolates.


Personally, Valentine's is one of my favorite days.

Well last Sunday, I was restless and in need of a little project.

I had some vintage Lilly Pulitzer fabrics that I've had for while now. As you know, Lilly Pulitzer is known for her fun, bold, and interesting patterns. These particular fabrics are in a pink and green color scheme and have flowers (poppies, coneflowers, dogwood, lily of the valley & others). If you look closely, some blocks have cats too!

I wanted to make sure I had the perfect block pattern because the fabrics are a little busy. I decided on a simple pinwheel with a contrasting white fabric. I made this into a baby quilt for my etsy shop. I will use a pink backing fabric and send this to Jenny for quilting.

After that happens, I will put on the finishing touches and list on Etsy.com. 



Next up, I need to find a use for some blue and green Lilly fabrics....

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment