Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall is here... the extra crunchy leaf!

This is the time of the year, where you go out of your way to find that extra crunchy leaf... and step on it! 

The days are getting shorter.
I'm not a fan of the darkness so early but the extra chill in the air is nice. I'm trying to stay extra cozy and will justify any reason to go out for a Pumpkin Spice latte!

The other night, I made some delicious acorn squash with brown sugar and butter. This is one of my Fall favorites. Adam happens to be a squash hater so I'm on my own- fine by me, because I'll surely enjoy the extra! Our squash this year was the victim of squashbugs, so I bought some from the Black's Heritage Farm, where I had my community garden at this year. 

Fall also brings lots of exciting changes and looking ahead... 

We are finalizing a property (a farm of our own!) and working on a Community Supported Agriculture program. We are lining up next year's gardens, including picking out more interesting heirloom tomatoes to grow! More details and pics to come soon... we are just tying up some details before closing!

In the meantime, be sure to live in the moment and enjoy Fall to the furthest.
It is hard for me to take my own advice, but I need to!


No comments:

Post a Comment